+ Employment Opportunities
Newman Summer Day Camp is looking for excellent counselors. Please read the following information carefully before clicking through to our online application.
Applicants must be:
- • of college age or above.
- • of good character and integrity.
Applicants must possess the desire and ability to:
- • work and play with children, both indoors and outdoors.
- • relate to one’s peer group.
- • take guidance and supervision.
- • teach or assist in teaching an activity.
Applicants must display enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-control and adaptability.
- Staff orientation dates: May 31 & June 1 (both days are mandatory)
- Camp dates:
Session 1, June 4 – 29
Session 2, July 9 - 27
- Counselor hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Additional hours for staff meetings (typically 30-40 minutes per week)
As a counselor, you will be expected to:
- • attend all days of camp for which you are hired (20 days in session 1 and / or 15 days in session 2), as well as both days of orientation and team building.
- • participate in staff trainings and required meetings.
- • adhere to the rules of Newman School at all times.
- • help campers stay safe, engaged and active, both physically and mentally.
- • be a positive role model by setting a good example for campers and other staff members.
- • help maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- • have fun!
Session 1: June 4 - 29
Session 2: July 9 - 27
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Rising Pre-K - 6th
Before & After Care:
Earliest drop off: 7:30 a.m.
Latest pick up: 5:30 p.m.
Find us on Facebook!